The way to a person’s heart is their stomach! Gift somebody with a yummy batch of cake balls or use as party favors!
Ready in 1 day
Makes 40 cake balls
- stand mixer/whisk
- large bowl
- cookie scoop/tablespoon
- ladle/ dipping spoon
- (2 boxes) favorite cake mix w/ ingredients (on back)
- (2 cans) store bought icing
- (12 0z) Wilton candy melts
- sprinkles (optional)
- Bake Prepare both cake mixes as it says on the box. Bake cake as long as needed. (I suggest a long glass pan which works well with preparation.)
- Smash After the cakes have cooled, take a large bowl. Try cutting in large pieces to easily crumble. Mix until fully crumbled.
- Mix Add icing to the crumbled cake in 1 cup increments until clumpy. (If you wish, Use a stand mixer for quicker results.)
- Roll After the cake is ready, use a cookie scoop to portion out cake balls. Use your hands to roll until satisfied. Refrigerate overnight to firm.
- Prepare After chilling, set aside cake balls. Melt wax melts in a large bowl in 30 second increments, mixing after warming. (Careful not to burn them.)
- Dip This step can be done multiple ways. First, you can use a spoon to dip the cake balls in the melted wax. You could also use a ladle or dipping spoon to pour wax onto a cake ball at a time. Decorate to your satisfaction. Drizzle more chocolate or use sprinkles to decorate. Chill or eat right away. The world is your cake ball, enjoy!