GirlSpring is seeking passionate, dedicated, creative, young professionals who believe in empowering girls to join our 2020 Junior Board!
The goal of the GirlSpring Junior board is to bring together young professionals to raise awareness about our mission and impact and to help generate financial support for our programs that empower girls. By joining the GirlSpring Junior Board you’ll have an exciting opportunity to expand your leadership skills, build new relationships with other young professionals, and give back to your community through volunteering.
- *Be a young professional in the **Birmingham area. The minimum age requirement is 25 and while there is no maximum, most of our participants are in their late twenties to early forties. **We also accept applications from out of town as we have transitioned to Zoom meetings since Covid.
- *Make a one-year commitment to the GirlSpring Junior Board.
- *Attend 9 out of 12 monthly meetings.
- *Make a yearly contribution to GirlSpring.
- *Plan yearly volunteer event for SpringBoarders (teen leadership group)
- *Plan and provide significant support for the annual Junior Board fundraising event through actions such as securing sponsorships, selling tickets, participating in event execution, and assisting during the event.
- *Serve on one Junior Board sub-committee
- *Serve as a community ambassador for GirlSpring, creating awareness about the organization and its impact through networking and the use of social media.
- *Additional (optional) volunteer opportunities are available outside of these requirements.
- *If you’re ready to help GirlSpring expand its mission of empowering girls, apply to be on our Junior Board!
- *Deadline to apply is November 30, 2020 for the 2021 term. Applications accepted year-round but applicants will not be interviewed until December 2020.
- APPLY NOW
For information about the Junior Board, please contact us by email at [email protected]___________________________________________________
2020 GirlSpring Junior Board
President: M’kayl Lewis, Pack Health
Vice-President: Alex Merrill, Commerce One Bank
Secretary: Ashley O’Brien, High Five Dental
Megan Campbell, Employment Screening Services
Desharne Carroll, Cabaniss, Johnston, Gardner, Dumas, and O’neal
Lucie Davis, Saks
Leigh-Anne Hoffman, DarkTower/UAB Computer Forensics Lab
Haley Hoppe, Innovate Birmingham
Kayla King, Innovate Birmingham
Kayla Ann Looney, Daxko
Mollie Moeck, Regions
Briana Palmer, Lease Query
Maggie Thompson, GirlSpring
Summer Wales, Knight Eady
Liucija Smaizyte Wright, Morgan Stanley