Wintertime is always difficult. The seasons change, it gets colder and drearier, school stress picks up. The holiday season is always incredibly busy and stressful. It can be really easy to get lost in the stress and gloom of the season, but it is important to find ways to help manage that.
- Essential oils! Surrounding yourself with comforting smells can make you feel less stressed while working or studying. I have a pack of essential oils, but I also use candles.
- Exercise! I’m not the biggest fan of exercise, but when I’m feeling stressed…it is a great way to relieve stress! Yoga is my favorite form because it is calming while strengthening.
- Sunlight! Sunlight is one of the most important factors in dealing with the dreary winter season. Going outside for a few minutes a day, exercising, hanging out, doing anything, is extremely important to help increase the production of serotonin.
- Journaling! I love to journal (I keep a little notebook with me and write in it everyday). It helps to write all of your feelings, joys, frustrations, and anger out in one place. It helps cleanse your brain of all the thoughts that are running through.
- Talking to friends! Talking to those who love and support you is key. Whether it is asking for help when you need it or talking about the latest celebrity gossip, it is important to make sure you have a support system in your life.
Great tips. I always exercise when I am feeling stressed.February 8, 2017 at 11:18 pm