CURRENT JOB OPPORTUNITIES
Job Title: Development Director
Reports to: Executive Director
Hours: Part-time, 20 hours per week, flexible schedule, with a portion of hours dedicated to
donor calls and meetings during the normal business day
Location: Remote/Work from home
Salary: Commensurate with experience
GirlSpring is a 501c3 non-profit based in Birmingham, Alabama. Our mission is to empower girls by giving them access to accurate information, inspiring events, and positive female role models. The majority of our programming reaches girls in Alabama and beyond through our website, https://www.girlspring.com.
The Development Director works in partnership with the Executive Director and Board of Directors to plan, develop, implement, and manage a comprehensive fundraising program. To achieve the financial goals of the organization, the Development Director will develop and execute a written, comprehensive plan of action to include goals, objectives, strategies, and resources needed. Success in this position will be measured by the ability to execute the plan and meet stated fundraising goals. The Development Director will manage the annual giving program, major gifts, special events, direct mail efforts, and other fund development activities. In addition, the Development Director will assist with the planning and publishing of the Annual Report, and other public/social media materials and will oversee all donor records information.
• Evaluate current donors and identify opportunities for further cultivation
• Manage annual year-end giving campaign
• Proactively identify major individual donors, corporate supporters, and grants
• Develop and manage fundraising events
• Maintain workflow documents including but not limited to budgets, grant
compliance, support documents, and reports
• Work with Executive Director to share grant writing and reporting responsibilities
• Attend and participate in fundraising visits with potential and current donors
• Steward existing donors via personal communications (phone calls, emails, letters)
• Manage donor acknowledgments (printed letters and donor database)
• Work with board members to set donor meetings and establish new donor relationships
• Meet weekly with Executive Director to provide updates
• Help promote GirlSpring events
Skills and Qualifications
• Grant Writing: Minimum 2 years (preferred)
• Development Experience: Minimum 2-3 years (required)
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher (required)
• Interest and passion for working with girl empowerment programs REQUIRED
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Must be a self-starter and able to work autonomously
• Experience and skilled at developing PowerPoint presentations for donors and
• Experience working directly with major donors and initiating donor calls and visits
• Proven ability to secure funding
• Experience in budgeting, data analysis, and grant reporting
• Must know MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and be able to utilize task management
• Experience working with donor databases (GirlSpring uses Little Green Light)
• Must know how to operate digital meeting platforms such as Zoom and Google Meet
GirlSpring does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
GirlSpring is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to Kristen Greenwood, Executive Director at [email protected] Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.