CURRENT JOB OPPORTUNITIES
Job Title: School Outreach Programs Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
Hours: Full-time (40 hours per week) with semi-flexible schedule
Location: Hybrid (some work in-schools with local travel; some work from home; weekly in-office meetings)
GirlSpring is a 501c3 non-profit based in Birmingham, Alabama. Our mission is to empower girls by giving them access to accurate information, inspiring events, and positive female role models. The majority of our programming reaches girls in Alabama and beyond through our website, https://www.girlspring.com.
Description: The School Programs Outreach Coordinator delivers a high-quality, culturally responsive curriculum to girls in diverse communities. They work to eliminate barriers by providing programming in partnership with schools and community organizations. The School Programs Outreach Coordinator will empower girls to learn and explore relevant topics, including confidence, goal-setting, healthy relationships, personal branding, risk and resilience, and how to navigate when you are the only girl in the room. Activities are primarily staff-led and provided at no cost to girls who participate. Candidate should be willing to work flexible hours, including during and after school day hours, plus occasional weekends, and evenings. Experience in education, youth-serving, or membership-based organization is a plus. 80% of this position is dedicated to school outreach, directly serving girls; while 20% of the job is administrative assistance to the Executive Director.
Requirements: Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Delivers GirlSpring-approved curriculum to elementary and middle school girls.
- Work includes prep, hands-on programs, and volunteer communication as needed.
- Maintain site registration, attendance, record keeping, and program evaluations; and communicate with teachers, administrators, and GirlSpring staff and volunters about schedule or program changes.
- Facilitates the development of a quality and effective learning environment.
- Delivers pre- and post-surveys to youth and tallies outcomes.
- Performs other related duties to support youth’s academic and social achievement. Assumes administrative responsibilities as appropriate.
- Participates in required training.
- Carry out site activities to ensure and protect the safety of all participants.
- Build new relationships with teachers and schools for GirlSpring curriculum delivery
- Help promote GirlSpring to schools
Experience and Skills: To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree required AND at least 1-year experience working with youth. Related majors include education, recreation, community organizing, youth development, social work, gender, or cultural studies.
- Bilingual (Spanish) bicultural, preferred but not required.
- Experience working with groups of multicultural youth and youth from under-represented backgrounds.
- Knowledge of diverse communities and ability to work with youth and adults of diverse backgrounds.
- Knowledge of youth development and the ability to deliver curriculum to ensure the interests and needs of the girls are met.
- Ability to communicate well, orally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize work while managing multiple deadlines.
- Interest in empowering girls and experience working with youth preferred.
- Must have daily access to dependable transportation, a valid driver’s license, automobile insurance.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including during and after school day hours.
- Minimum age: 21 years.
Administrative assistance duties (limited to 10 hours per week, on average):
- Picking up mail from PO Box
- Running small errands
- Assisting with large mailings
- Helping at educational and fundraising events
- Additional duties as needed
GirlSpring does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
GirlSpring is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to Kristen Greenwood, Executive Director at [email protected]. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.