5 Sweets that Won’t Sabotage Your Diet
Why ditch all desserts when you can make healthier alternatives?
I am a huge “dessert after every meal” kind of gal. So, I went digging for some really delicious chocolatey desserts that will cure your sweet tooth and keep you on track. Unfortunately, no matter how much you modify a recipe, the moderation rule still applies.
Low-Carb Chocolate Chip Cookies (Gluten-free and Vegetarian)
- 1 Egg
- ¼ cup Butter
- 3 tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1 ¼ cup Almond Flour
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ cup Stevia
- 1 tsp vanilla Extract
- ⅓ cup Chocolate chips (I use Ghirardelli 60 % cacao chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 350. Get parchment paper ready and place it on a pan or baking sheet.
- Gather dry ingredients and sift together almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt
- In a separate bowl, use an electric mixer to cream butter, sweetener, egg, and vanilla until smooth
- Add flour mixture and mix until evenly distributed. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop 1-2 tablespoon size balls of dough onto your parchment paper and space them 1-2 inches apart. Use your palm or the bottom of a spoon to flatten the cookies to desired size and thickness.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes or until slightly golden around the edges. Let cool for 2-3 minutes then place on a plate to cool completely
These cookies are so delicious. They are so sweet and taste too good to be true. They are a lot better for you than the real thing but you still need to watch how many you eat, it is hard to stop!
- Calories: 131
- Serving size: 15
- Protein: 3g
- Carbs: 11.6g
- Sugar: 8.7g
Preheat oven to 350 F.
- 1 large Overripe Banana
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 Egg Yolk
- ½ cup of Butter – Melted
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¾ cup Almond Flour
- ¼ cup Coconut Flour
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- Sliced Strawberries or Bananas – as toppings
- In a bowl, mash your banana and then add in butter. eggs, egg yolk, and vanilla. Stir until completely combined.
- Combine your dry ingredients and stir almond flour, coconut flour, and baking powder until combined.
- Add dry ingredients into the mixture.
- Transfer the batter into a muffin tin with muffin liners and bake for 25 minutes.
These banana muffins are perfect for breakfast, a snack, or dessert! I am a lover of all things banana bread, and they are definitely a dessert to me. They are very filling and full of protein!
- Calories: 155
- Serving size: 12
- Protein: 4g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Carbs: 6g
Banana Oat Energy Bites
- 2 Ripe Bananas
- 2 cups Rolled Oats
- ¼ cup Almond Butter
- ¼ cup Honey
- 2 tbsp Mini Chocolate Chips
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- Start by mashing bananas
- Add rolled oats, almond butter, honey, mini chocolate chips, and cinnamon
- Scoop out mix and roll into a 1-inch ball. Place them 1-inch apart onto a baking pan
- Refrigerate for 2 hours, then enjoy!
- Keep refrigerated
They are sweet, healthy, and will give you natural energy to make it through your busy day! These are so convenient to grab when you are rushing out the door. It is important to put good things into your body so instead of reaching for junk when you are on the go these are perfect!
- Calories: 77
- Serving Size:23
- Protein: 0.7g
- Sugar: 12.8g
Low Carb Sugar-Free Pudding
You only need 2 ingredients:
- Sugar-free Jell-O instant pudding (any flavor you like) Pistachio is my personal favorite, but they have many other flavors.
- Heavy whipping cream
- Substitute the amount of milk for the mix with heavy cream
- Use a mixer to mix until it becomes thick with the consistency of whipped cream
- Keep in the refrigerator or freezer
Don’t let the word pudding scare you away! It is less like a pudding and more like whipped cream. Even though it is low carb and sugar-free, it still contains fat so cue the self-control (*eye-roll*). You can freeze and make it like ice cream, you can use it as a topping on fruit, or you can just grab a spoonful for an after-dinner treat! Get creative! I would keep mine in the refrigerator and eat a spoonful after dinner. It is amazing. It is so delicious and addicting.
- Calories: About 29 per tablespoon
- Serving size: 36 (1 tablespoon)
- Calories: 24
- Fat: 2.5g
- Sugar: 0g
Healthy Peanut Butter Mug Cake
- 2 tbsp Almond Milk
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Peanut Butter
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tbsp Almond Flour or Coconut Flour
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- ⅓ cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1 ½ tbsp Coconut Oil
- Whisk together the flour and baking powder in a bowl
- Add all other ingredients (except chocolate chips) and mix until combined
- Pour mixture into a large mug and top with chocolate chips
- Microwave in a mug for 2-3 min and let cool for 1 minute
If you have never made a mug cake, they are the easiest and best desserts! It requires little to no effort to make these so grab your favorite mug and start baking!
Check out more food articles from GirlSpring contributors!