Hey, I know life is tough and I know that you have probably seen so many posts all over the internet talking about mental health and taking care of yourself. However, this is your daily reminder to listen and actually get help and do whatever you need or feel is right for you. Mental Health is a big issue, but the real question is WHY? Why do we have to take care of ourselves and make sure that we are happy?
Mental health is just as important as physical health. It’s essential to our well-being and plays a role in how we think, feel, and act. It also helps determine how we handle stress, relate to others, and make choices.
Good mental health isn’t about never experiencing problems or challenges. In fact, it’s the ability to effectively manage difficulties that arise throughout life. Mental health can be affected by many factors including:
· Biological factors such as genes or brain chemistry
· Life experiences such as trauma or abuse
· Family history of mental illness
Everyone has times when they feel down or stressed out. But if these feelings don’t go away after a couple of weeks, it could be a sign of something more serious—a mental illness like depression or anxiety. These conditions are real medical illnesses that affect millions of people worldwide, not just a few depressed teenagers.
Here are three simple things you can do to take care of your mental health:
1. Check in with yourself regularly. Ask yourself how you’re feeling, both mentally and emotionally. If you notice that you’re starting to feel down or anxious, take some time to figure out what’s causing those feelings.
2. Make time for activities that make you happy. Whether it’s reading, spending time outdoors, or listening to music, do something every day that brings joy into your life.
3. Be mindful of your thoughts and words towards yourself. Treat yourself with kindness and compassion – cut yourself some slack if you make a mistake or have a bad day.
If you’re feeling overwhelmed or struggling in any way, don’t hesitate to reach out for help from a professional therapist or counselor or even some of us girls here at GirlSpring. We are people just like you and we understand what you are going through. Stay HAPPY! 🙂
Here are some more resources on mental health and if you need to talk to someone immediately the numbers below are available 24 hrs day/7 days a week. The 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline is available for anyone, you don’t have to be in a crisis mode.
Call or text 988 24 hrs day/7 days a week.