Here is a link to my my video explaining how to create your perfect workspace!
To create the perfect home workspace, you will need the following supplies:
(All of these supplies can be purchased from the Dollar Tree or your preferred store)
1. three hole punch
2. loose-leaf and graph paper
4. pencils and pens
6. stapler and staples
7. paper clips
8. sticky notes
13. glue /tape
14. markers/colored pencils
15. pencil sharpener
17. monthly calendar
18. accordion file folder
19. a timer
21. pencil pouches
22. a clock
Some optional school supplies that you can buy if you want are the following (but are not limited to):
23. a trashcan
24. cups to store your pens, pencils, highlighters, etc.
25. index cards
26. whiteboards and markers
28. weekly whiteboard calendar
The Perfect Binder
To create the perfect binder, you will need the following items:
1.) subject dividers
2.) loose-leaf paper
3.) pencil pouch (with pencils, pens, highlighters, etc.)
4.) calculator and ruler—math binder only
Color code your binders.
Write the name of the subject on the cover and spine of each binder.
Sections— The following are possible sections into which you may divide your binders:
• Notes—Use this section for taking notes every day in class. Be sure to write the date at the top of each page as well as the topic being discussed. Use your notes to study for tests/quizzes.
• Classwork—Use this section for any classwork your teacher may require.
• Tests/Quizzes—Use this section for old tests and quizzes. Keep all of your old tests and quizzes to use to study for exams.
• Homework—Store your completed homework in this section of your binder. Be sure to put your name, the date, and the page number of the assignment at the top of your homework.
• Loose-leaf paper—Put several sheets of loose leaf paper in the back section of your binder.
For your home workspace to be perfect for you….
• You may wish to use a desk or table with drawers and organizers for your supplies.
• Your workspace should be located in a quiet place, free of distractions, clutter, and siblings.
• Make sure you have your monthly calendar visible so that you can write down and keep up with your tests, quizzes, essays, and projects.
• You may wish to use a clock or timer to keep you focused and efficient!
Remember to make your workspace your own and to have fun with it!! Do not have too much clutter on your desk and try to clear your workspace every night!