Everyone wants their first date to be exciting and genuine. You have to be willing to give each other your undivided attention. A great way to do that is by following the Do’s and Don’ts tips:
1. Do put your phone away . There’s nothing more rude than trying to have a conversation with a person who’s constantly staring at a screen. Social media or texting your friends can definitely wait.
2. Do ask questions. Make sure you ask questions for future references.
3. Do offer to pay. A tactful way to do this is simply offer to split the bill or at least leave a tip. Don’t just assume your date is automatically going to pay.
4. Do be positive. No matter how bad of a day you’ve had or whether you don’t like the date he chose. Try your best to stay positive when getting to know someone. It’ll make you more fun to be around when your that way. Also with being positive it’ll make your date want to take you on another date.
1. Don’t be late. Give yourself enough time to prepare and try to arrive at the location 10-15 minutes earlier. If you are running late, make sure you give your date a call or text so they can go to a café or a safe place to wait for you.
2. Don’t get over-dressed. You probably want to look perfect for your date and try to impress them. However, it’s best to dress according to the event you are going to. Let’s say you and your date are going on a nature walk. Wear attire that your going to be comfortable in.
3. Don’t talk about past relationship. Talking or Asking about past relationships is a big “No-No”. That question can be very personal to ask on a first date because you’re not sure whether your date is comfortable to talk about it. Talking about your ex might also leave your date an impression that you still haven’t moved on yet.
4. Dates are the chance for you guys to get to know each other. If you just sit and talk about yourself , you will leave an impression that you’re not interested in your date. Try to ask your date about school, social life, work but try not to be personal.