Recipe: Chilton County Peach Galette
- 1 Pie crust (I used Trader Joe’s crust.)
- About 6 peaches
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- Extra sugar for crust
- Parchment paper
- Preset oven to the temperature that the crust suggests. (about 425° F)
- Wash and peel the peaches.
- Thinly slice the peaches and put them into a large bowl.
- Add sugar (1/4 cup). Gently mix the sugar throughout the peaches. Let sit for 30 to 45 minutes to allow the fruit to macerate.
- Roll out the crust onto a pan covered with parchment paper to prevent sticking.
- Arrange the peaches as desired leaving about 1-2 inches empty around the edge of the dough. This way, the crust can be folded over the fruit to hold the tart together.
- Fold the edge of the dough over the fruit.
- Use the milk to lightly coat the crust. (This can be done with fingers or a brush.)
- Lightly sprinkle the extra sugar over the crust.
- Put the pie in the oven and bake for the time suggested by the crust or until golden brown. (about 20 minutes)
- Enjoy à la carte or à la mode!