Try Not to Focus on these Little Things
1. What clothes you wore – Just keep in mind that you should always dress for yourself and not to impress those who will be completely irrelevant to you as soon as you graduate.
2. Who liked or disliked you – When you are in college, everyone minds their own business. No one will criticize you for just being you because 99.9% of the time strangers won’t even be paying attention to you. So don’t let the opinions of your high school peers change you into someone you aren’t.
3. That boy who never liked you back – Chances are that you will find a boy who is just as obsessed with you as you are with them, and he will be 1000 times better than that silly boy you had a crush on in high school.
4. Whether or not you had the newest iPhone – It might be cool at the moment to have the latest technology, but after about a year and then the entire rest of your life, no one will care or remember who had what.
5. Whether or not you kept up with trends – Again, it will seem cool at the moment, but the moment goes away quickly. And sometimes being a slave to trends can make you appear more basic than cool.
6. How popular you were – High school popularity means nothing in real life. You can’t see how genuinely true this is until after you’ve graduated and “popularity” doesn’t even exist.
7. All of the times you failed (as long as you got back up) – The best time to fail is when you’re young and have nothing to lose. Even though everything can seem like the end of the world at the time, you’ll learn from the experience and be a better person in the end.
8. If you shaved your legs every day – This mostly goes for the winter time. We all grow hair, and if you don’t want to shave every day, then there is no need to waste your time. Again, anyone who might say something will be irrelevant in the not-so-distant future.
9. Whether or not you wore makeup every day – Similar to #1 on this list, if you wear makeup, wear it for yourself and not to impress anyone else.
10. Anyone’s opinion of anything regarding your life at all – Just keep in mind that, in the future, you will be doing so much better and be so much happier than anyone who ever tried to put you down for any reason whatsoever. Never give anyone the power to make you feel less than you are because, at the end of the day, you are so much more than they will ever be.