Hey! I’m Lauren Johnston and I am here to list a couple of my favorite Christmas songs to get me into the Christmas spirit! Christmas is not only a time to celebrate the birth of Christ, but a time of pure happiness with your family and everything to be grateful for. Here are my top 5 Chritsmas songs!
- “I’ll be Home for Christmas” by Bing Crosby. I love this song so much. As the grand-daughter of a veteran, it really hits close to home. This song is a moving tribute to the soldiers fighting for freedom during WWII.
- “Frosty the Snowman” by Gene Autrey. This song is such a great reminder of my childhood and singing along to it with my siblings. This song brings so much joy to all when heard.
- “Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!” by Frank Sinatra. Frank Sinatra is a classic singer that never fails to bring joy through his singing. This song is very happy and bright as it exemplifies everyone’s love-hate relationship with the snow and cold weather.
- “Christmas, Baby Please Come Home” by Darlene Love. Though this song reminds us of heartbreak, it simultaneously gives us a glimpse of reality while also bring joy through the singing.
- “Feliz Navidad” by José Feliciano. This classic song is the perfect “Lift me up” song. The upbeat and catchy tempo never fails to bring a smile to my face.
Each of these songs brings so much happiness and joy to me and everyone around me during the Christmas season. I hope everyone takes a minute to listen to one of these songs to get into the Chrtimas spirit and then to be able to spread love and joy just as each of these artists.