A healthy body is a happy body. Always show yourself love and kindness so your body can operate how it’s meant! There are a plethora of ways to take care of your body. Personally, I found that living a Vegan lifestyle was an easy way to stay healthy. I have compiled a list of ways to pay attention to your body. Additionally, here are a few of my favorite vegan recipes!
- Listen to your body. If you need water, drink water, but if you need a tasty vegan snack, eat one!
- Treat your body how you would treat another. Try to be fueled with as much plant based food as possible.
- Help the environment. It’s true, the environment can affect humans, but you help by eating vegan!
- Penne Pasta (Preferably Chickpea Pasta)
- Red Bell Peppers
- Tomato Sauce
- Seasoning (I use salt, pepper, chili powder, and garlic powder)
- Prep: Chop the tomatoes, peppers, and onions into medium sized shapes. Boil water them place the pasta in the water. Cook the vegetables all on a seperate skillet over a medium heat.
- During: After the pasta is cooked, drain the water. Add the tomato sauce and cooked vegetables to pasta.
- Final: Season the dish, let it cool off, then enjoy.
- Vegan Butter
- One rapid rise instant yeast packet
- Vanilla almond milk (or plain, your pick)
- Warm together 1 cup of almond milk and 2 tbsp of butter, but do not boil it. Mix it with the packet of yeast and let it activate for 10 minutes. Then add ¼ tsp of salt and 2tbsp of sugar. Lastly add ½ cup of warm flour pouring and stirring slowly. Leave it in plastic to rise for one hour.
- Roll the dough into a rectangle on a flat surface. Coat it with sugar, melted butter, and cinnamon. (As much as you deem needed). Lastly, roll the dough together tightly and cut the dough into 1.5 inch circles.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. Cook the roll for 25-30 minutes. Let it cool and top with ½ cup sugar and 2 tbsp almond milk mixture.
- creamy peanut butter
- brown sugar
- all purpose flour
- baking soda
- Vanilla (or not) almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix together peanut butter, white sugar and brown sugar. Then add vanilla and continue mixing.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt and almond milk into bowl and mix. Prepare 2 cookie sheets with nonstick spray. Roll the dough into large balls, and then roll in white sugar to cover. Use a fork to gently press down on each cookie.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Once out of the oven, allow to cool for 10 minutes.