GirlSpring is seeking extraordinary girls (13-18) to be featured in our Sheroctober video series! 31 videos of sheroes will be selected and displayed on our website and social media throughout the month of October. This is your chance to shine! Build up your digital portfolio and let others know what you are doing that is special! All participants will be part of a compilation video celebrating girls in Birmingham!
A shero is someone extraordinary and is in general making the world a better place! This could be someone who has started a community initiative, shown academic achievement, overcome adversity, is enhancing the wellbeing of others or using their artistic talents to be a positive change agent in this world. The possibilities are endless!
- Girls ages 13-18 years old
- Nomination from a non-relative
- Access to an electronic device with video and audio features
- A standout reason for her sheroism
How to Submit:
- Create a video clip (2 minutes max) acknowledging that you (can be more than one person) has been recognized as a shero, addressing what you do that makes you a shero, explain why we need sheroes in the world, and if you have any heroes in your life.
- Videos should be interview-style, but feel free to be creative with background music and any other artistic and fun elements! MAKE IT FUN!
- If using a cell phone, please turn horizontally when filming.
- Upload videos to youtube, vimeo, or dropbox and include public link on the application form.
- In addition to the Shero video, all submissions must include a second, separate video clip with the following phrase “My name is __________. I am a shero. We are Birmingham.”
- Submit a nomination form and link to videos by September 28th to be considered.
Nominees will be notified by October 1st if their video is going to be featured.
Questions? Email [email protected]